We want you to get the most out of your Willow and Sprout cocosoy candles, so please follow these tips for a longer lasting, cleaner burn:
- Burn for 2-3 hours each time you light the candle. This will help the candle burn evenly. Do not burn for more than four hours at a time.
- Pro tip - Prior to burning your candle, trim the wick to at least ¼ inch. This prevents uneven burning, dripping or flaring. Our gold wick trimmers are here to help!
- Do not burn when there is less than 1cm of wax left in the bottom.
While our candles can be relaxing, their open flame can be dangerous if not monitored properly. Please follow the below guidelines to ensure your Willow and Sprout experience is safe and enjoyable:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Keep your candle free of foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings.
- If burning multiple candles, place each candle at least three inches apart from one another.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keeping the lid on your candles when you aren't using them will keep the candle scent from evaporating and last longer.
- They're to be used to snuff out your flame, this will keep the scent intact. This method is the preferred way to put out your candles flame.
- By using the lid, you’re preventing the candle from letting off smoke into the air. This keeps the fragrance that was given off while your candle was burning in tact.
- When you blow out a candle, the smouldering wick gives off smoke, which muddies the fragrance that your candle gave off during its burn time.
- Lids protect the wax in your candle from daily dust and grime, when covered it preserves the wax and its scent nicely.
- This is incredibly helpful later on because as you burn your candle, the dust and dirt can clog the wick, which can prevent your candle from burning healthily.
- You can use them to prop up your jar and shield your surfaces. By placing the candle on the lid, you’re creating a shield protecting whatever surface you’ve put the candle on. The lid will absorb the heat, which prevents your surface from being damaged.